Sunday, February 21, 2010

Keepin' it Real....Simple.

I love the magazine Real Simple. Love love love! If there was one magazine I would get a subscription to it's this. My favorite part of the whole magazine is there amazing recipes. They have really creative, easy and super yummy meals (Megan can attest to this). One day at the grocery store I saw the little guy and just couldn't resist to buy it, especially since it was boasting recipes on the cover. So Cody and I have decided to make one of these recipes each week.

This week: Turkey and Been Chili. They spotlighted a turkey chili on the show Biggest Loser (one of my favorite shows) and I wanted to try it out myself. Lo and behold this issue of Real Simple had a turkey chili recipe. Ground turkey is a super healthy substitute for ground beef and way cheaper (we college kids like cheaper). It was quite delectable (just ask Cody who ate three bowls) and definately going to be a reoccurring meal in our lives.


5 comments:

Megan said...

I love Real Simple, too! I have a subscription, but I am pretty sure it's almost up. Their website has all of their past magazine's recipes archived if you want to browse through them for some more ideas. Rusty and I made a picnic lunch from recipes in one of their summer issues and it was delectable. This chili looks just as yummmmmy.

Breanna said...

I love that magazine. I really wanted to subscribe to it... but I chose Better Homes & Gardens instead. Maybe next time! Your chili does look delicious though.

Mitch said...

Was the chili extra spicy for Cody or less spicy for you...or did you make two batches.
- I'll take either.

mhartley said...

I love that magazine! I have a subscription! I got the March issue yesterday!

mhartley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.