Saturday, June 4, 2011

Nanny Jessica

Nothing has felt so good as finally getting to say I HAVE A JOB, and not some part-time, seasonal, temporary job. If you haven't already guess from the titled I am now a nanny. I had considered it a ways back (ps there are tons of sites to hire nannies) but thought I'd look for something else, but you know how that went. Everything about this job has seemed to perfect to be true. When I saw the job listing the thing that stood out to me the most was the schedule was exactly the schedule a. that would work with my other obligations and responsibilities and b. was doable.


The Family:

The Stellas, Noah and Laura


The Kids:

Dylan (age 4)

Abby & Gabby (twins, age 2)


Both parents are divorced and are now raising these three cute kids together. They had moved from Indiana when they weren't able to hold up financially after dad lost his job and moved in with his parents, Bama and Popi (I really don't care for wierd grandparent nicknames like "grampy" for instance but Bama for Grandma is a new one that I don't think I'll ever be able to get used to). The Grandparents live on an extension of the house but Grandma is just "coming back from the dead" after having terrible back surgery recovery complications and so they have limited mobility to watch the kids when Mom and Dad are at work. I get Wednesdays, weekends and every other Thursday off which really is what makes this job possible for me to do mentally. But the parents are both awesome people just trying to raise a family of their own and its just been a perfect fit from the beginning. They live 10 minutes away in Venersburg which means short commute, no traffic and a nice green Washington drive.


Sooo you all know what this means. This may very well become the outlet to all of the "fun" experiences that come with being around three kids, and being a nanny. And I haven't taken any pictures yet but you can bet they are on their way.


Most of all I just feel like I was given this job and I see it as a direct blessing from Heavenly Father. This job just was too easy to obtain and was too perfect not to be meant for just me. All I can say is that I am blessed, loved and grateful.

No comments: