Saturday, January 24, 2009

Go Green!



See this jersey,



this is no ordinary jersey.





This is the jersey of a winner.

I had my first basketball game today. I am on the Spartans in the competitive league here. I was a little nervous about getting into basketball again, for one because it was the last game of my senior year of high school that I tore my ACL and I hadn't really done any competitive sports playing since high school. (sorry dad, thursday basketball at the church doesn't quite do the job). But I have easily fallen into the ol routine and let me tell you, it. feels. good.

We played the Bruins today all in their nice blue colored jerseys and their tallness and stuff. But boy howdy did we rock their socks right off their feet. It was tied up for the first half but then the second half came and we turned it on. The final score was 77-63 (that's a pretty high scoring game for a girls team and the first game of the season). Our team chemistry was amazing. Our coaches said they had never had a team play so well the first game of the season. I scored 6 pts which were all in the last 10 minutes of the second half. I contributed more to the defensive side of the game for the rest. Tall girls ain't got nothing on me. I'm the tallest on my team at 5'9'' and this other team had a couple girls that were at least 6'. Oh and how bout this for a mouthful, three girl's names on my team Chanel, Shandy, and Sohjin, we just call her Sohj and Stacy. For the love.

aaaaaaaaaand its snowing. Last week it was blue skies and all the snow had melted except for the piled snow on the sides. Naive poor Jessica thought it was going to last. But alas it has been snowing all night and all day and we now have 2 more inches of that pure white cold stuff.

4 comments:

Megan said...

good job lady!

oh and stop referring to the barium sulfate as milk... it doesn't deserve it. lol.

Michelle said...

You are awesome! How fun for you! I would love to see you play some time. It totally rained here today. No snow- it felt weird that it was raining in January and not snowing.

Scott Taylor said...

It ain't easy being green, is it?

Grandma Taylor said...

It's a given - you are really good at sports. Good for the body too. You must have inherited all of your sports skills from your G'ma.
Love to you.