Monday, August 23, 2010

ILV2KYK

After graduation Cody has since found a job working at a Dick Hannah used car lot in Vancouver. He loves it because he finally gets to do what he's been studying all these years and preparing to do. He's been really blessed just being able to get the job so fast and being so close to home. But now me best friendless with Cody working until 7 or 8 everyday except for a 2-day 'weekend' (the schedule rotates so his weekend lands on just two days in a row). I've tried not to go crazy with boredom and procrastination of the things I know I need to get to and trying to find a job myself. Change always takes just a little time to get adjusted to like always so it will be good soon.

This last week Cody's 'weekend' landed on Thursday and Friday and now that we only have 2 days to play we are trying to really take advantage of these days. Soooo this last Thursday we went kayaking!! Cody's family own four kayaks and couldn't come up with a reason why we hadn't gone out on them before. The day started out overcast and a bit drizzly but luckily half way through the day the sun finally showed up.

It was a perfect day. We drove up to Lake Merwin which is about 30 minutes past Cody's house up in the mountains. I've never been (which again don't know why I hadn't). It is a gorgeous open lake with a narrower part that leads off to the right and to some small waterfalls. I kept thinking I was going to tip but after about 15 minutes you get the hang of it and it's quite enjoyable.

i may look calm and collected on the surface but i was kiiiinda freaking out

Sometimes we go fast but mostly would leisurely take in all the Northwest beauty. Living in Idaho for a year really makes me appreciate all of the green everywhere. I feel really blessed to live in a such a gorgeous area.

water falling down a rock that we swam up to

my three loves

When we got closer to the falls we found ourselves in this super calm part of the lake so I thought it would make for some cool pictures. When I was getting my camera back from Cody I heard this wooshing noise, looked up and no more than 15 feet away from us flew a bald eagle and landed on a tree. It was one of the more magical parts of the adventure. We just sat for about 10 minutes looking up at him.

To get to the falls we had to park our kayaks (because you literally couldn't go any further due to some major boulders blocking the way. We chose this spot as our lunch location and then headed up to the falls.
after many attempts of me running back and forth from this rock to the camera (two rocks away) to take this picture, this was the winner.


I can foresee a lot of kayak adventures in our future because I simply had a blast. And once Megan and Rusty can steal away from little Olive we hope they would accompany us for a group kayak adventure.

4 comments:

Lori said...

J E A L O U S !!!!!

Grandma Taylor said...

That sure looked like FUN!

Jenna said...

awesome! i love that last photo. i love this vicarious experience :)

Breanna said...

Looks like so much fun! Gorgeous photos. I wish we lived closer so we could go on adventures like this together!