Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Taco Bus


What is this?..... Why it is the Taco Bus. When my dad dropped me off here at the beginning of the semester we drove past a silver bus. I looked at it and was like hmm... looks like a taco stand. It wasn't until I saw a gleaming "open" sign in the front that told me that it was actually legit.
My roommates with me agreed that we needed to check out this "taco bus." Everybody we mentioned it to knew exactly what we were talking about and apparently it was AMAZING so we had to go see for ourselves. And you know what? It's pretty darn fantastic.

The first time we went we were kind of nervous... I mean you never know about these kind of things. It was empty but as we were waiting for our food four other cars pulled up. Then today when we went two more cars full of people showed up. Apparently all the teachers and tons of students love it.

inside the taco bus.
They actually put benches and tables up so you can eat inside


Story behind the story, turns out that this couple (mexican) drove this bus down here after the husband lost his job. They then opened this taco stand and have been here ever since the beginning of this last summer.

4 comments:

mhartley said...

OMG! I love that Taco Bus! I live in the apartments next to it! Its so yummy!

Jenna said...

That is the coolest idea ever! I love that you actually go inside of the bus! Genius. I want to go to the taco bus. Enjoy Jess

Grandma Taylor said...

Makes me hungry for tacos

Scott Taylor said...

Let's see if I can beat your father to some of the typical Taylor quips ...

"Meals on Wheels"

"Gas-powered"

"Our tacos are a gut-busser"

What's next, a tractor-trailer rig set up as a restaurant? They would be catering, of course ... wait for it .... wait for it ... SEMI-FORMAL DINNERS!